Roller skating is unquestionably one of the most fun sports out there. And you might be interested in carrying them everywhere you go.
But, how to carry roller skates around? Well, good thing for you that is exactly what I will be tackling in this article.
You can carry your roller skates by following many tips and techniques which are feasible for them.
So, it can be in a backpack, boot-straps, using the laces to tie as a shoulder strap or any other shopping bag that you have nearby.
Does it appear to be too complicated? Well, this article will provide you with several roller skate transportation options. So, continue reading to learn more on how to transport your roller-skating equipment while on the go.
How to Carry Roller Skates Around?
I know you may prefer wearing them on rather than carrying them inside or hanging them around. Since it’s not always possible to wear them inside public transport you have to take an alternative.
Here are some great ideas to carry your roller skate with you.
1) Carrying Your Roller Skates in a Skate-specific Bag
Skate backpacks are less common than inline bags, and they are typically the most practical method to transport your roller skates from one location to another.
Moreover, these backpacks can contain everything you’ll require for your skating adventure, including elbow and knee protection, a helmet, and a water bottle.
If you’re going on a long trip and need to carry many supplies, you should choose a good quality bag with a reinforced bottom.
Also, make sure it is water-resistant which will let you have a bag for years. Even better if the skate bag has mesh vents that allow for ventilation and breathability.
Furthermore, these skate bags with a triangular form are a great way to transport many things. They’re generally spacious and can contain a few little items you’ll need on the go.
Moreover, it is affordable in price and has a variety of sizes for you to choose from. Similarly, it also has a strap so you can easily carry the skates.
2) Making a Carrying Handle out of the Velcro Straps on Your Skates
Yes, you can carry your roller skates using the Velcro straps. When you must go on a brief leisure vacation, this is a fantastic option.
Join the Velcro sections of your inline skate boots and use the straps to keep your roller skates in place while you go.
Simple and easy solution if you are not up for a bigger investment for carrying your skates.
3) Using an Inline Skate Backpack to Carry Your Roller Skates
Are you a student or working currently somewhere who needs to transport your notebooks, laptop, and other learning materials?
You’ll need something that will give you proper comfort, convenience, and the ability to conveniently store all of your school materials. For you, an inline skate bag would be the ideal storage solution.
It’s not cheap, but it’s well worth the money you’ll spend on it. With everything inside, it appears to be excellent and robust.
The carrying straps are well-padded, making them quite pleasant to use. It may even come with extra space to store your helmet.
4) Using Boot Straps on the Back of Your Skates
All you have to do now is carry each roller skate by hooking two fingers through the straps linked to the rear.
After a while, the circulation in your fingertips would begin to deteriorate. All you have to do is change hands.
When it happens, just switch between your hands. If the distance to your skating destination is too great, this is not a smart option. This is suitable for short-distance travel.
5) Use A Reusable Bag
You probably won’t be fitting everything you need in a bag if you’re a student who goes to the gym. Gym sneakers, notebooks, protection pads and inline skates will almost certainly not fit in your backpack.
In such cases, a reusable bag comes in handy. You may simply toss your shoes in your reusable bag and carry them in the backpack while you skate to campus.
6) Using the Laces of Your Roller Skates as a Shoulder Strap
Make sure the laces are strong enough and the rollerblades aren’t damp before using this carriage style.
If the laces that came with your skating boots aren’t strong enough, you may easily replace them. There are a variety of high-quality rollerblade laces on the market.
Simply knot the laces together to make a shoulder strap. It’s a great and stress-free method to get around on your roller skates.
For most, this is a great solution. There’s no reason why it shouldn’t be the same for you.
How to Carry Roller Skates for Long Travel?
To pack your roller-skating gear with your clothing, shoes, toiletries, and laptop, for your long trip, you’ll need a backpack.
You may swiftly pack your clothing and belongings into your bag, then store it in the plane’s overhead compartment, in the train luggage compartment, or the trunk of your car.
The backpack, which you may keep at your feet, holds your toiletries, your shoes, laptop, etc. that will be useful to you throughout the trip.
Here are some tips on carrying your roller skates for a long travel:
- Remove the wheels from the skates so you can nest them together and save some room.
- You may also use zip lock bags for the clothes. Minimize the quantity of garments taking space by pressing the air out of the bags. This will allow you to comfortably pack your roller skates.
- Only bring what you’ll need. This will not only minimize the amount of goods you need to bring.
- Attach your helmet to the exterior of your backpack using a clip.
- Shampoo and shower gel should be stored in tiny liquid bottles. When using a 100ml or smaller bottle, you don’t need a +250ml bottle for a journey and may keep it in your carry-on.
- Use your skates to stuff your socks inside.
- Pack the heaviest stuff towards the bottom of your suitcase. It’s not space-saving, but it’s absolutely useful. It will make carrying your backpack.
Top 5 Best Carrier Bags for Your Roller Skates
Choosing the finest roller skating backpack might be difficult in a market flooded with options.
That’s why it’d be beneficial if you know why you needed a backpack in the first place. The selecting procedure will be a lot easier this way.
Based on our experiences with roller skates and skate bags, I’ve come up with the 5 best carrier bags for your roller skates when you can’t wear them and need them for traveling.
Skate bags come in different colors and sizes. Having unique features to them, you can choose from these and have an amazing carrier for your beautiful roller skates.
1) Epic Skates Limited Edition Roller Skate Bag
These limited edition epic skates’ roller skate bags are perfect if you are into unique collections. Since these are limited editions, they offer a beautiful variation of designs to choose from.
It is good for unisex as they offer color options. From my own experience, I can tell these are sturdy and affordable yet they look fancy.
You won’t find these anywhere and these designs are worth the deal. However, you need proper maintenance for these if you want them to last.
If you don’t properly keep them tidy and clean they might wear off soon.
This is an affordable yet premium deal for youngsters like you. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and set the deal.
- Color- Black, Pink, Pink & White, and Blue
- Dimension- 4 x 20.32 x 30.48 (cm)
- Size- Youth
- Material- Plastic
- Durability: Since this bag is made of high-quality plastic, this will help in ensuring no damage from water splash and will last for a long time.
- Unique Design: The limited edition offers one-time unique designs like graffiti and hearts which you won’t be getting in your standard bags. Perfect for a stylish collection.
- It is affordable and stylish.
- Offers a lot of room inside.
- A good amount of water resistance and durability.
- Limited edition offers unique designs.
- The print designs wear off after rough use.
2) Epic Skates Standard Roller Skate Bag
At a reasonable price, you can get a high-quality skate bag. It’s suitable for unisex because it comes in a variety of colors.
Even though they are luxury bags, I can assure you that they are robust and inexpensive based on my own experience.
On the other hand, if you want them to last, you must maintain them properly. If you don’t maintain them nice and clean, they’ll quickly wear off.
Furthermore, they are not for inline skates.For young people like you, this is a low-cost, high-quality deal.
- Color- Red, Purple, Black and Pink
- Dimension- 068 x 33.02 x 3.556 (cm)
- Size- One Size (Standard)
- Material- Nylon(Black, Red, and Purple) and Blend(Pink)
- Excellent Storage and Adjustments: It has a heavy-duty zipper for the main compartment and corner pockets. Also, the shoulder straps are padded and the handles are adjustable.
- Identification: These have a proper plastic ID card holder which will enable you to identify your bag if you can’t find it.
- Very spacious in terms of compartment for your roller skates.
- Color variations to choose from for all ages and gender.
- Durable and proper protection.
- Does not fit inline skates.
3) Rollerblade Urban Commuter Backpack
This is an excellent deal for those who use inline skates especially. The Urban Commuter Backpack has a sleek design with an integrated skate transfer mechanism.
The interior capacity, which includes wheel covers and a bottom compartment for worn gear, is maximized thanks to a top helmet clip.
However, these bags are bigger than the normal skate bags which makes it hard for some who are not into big bags. But there isn’t much of a hassle if you put aside the size.
- Color- Grey
- Dimension- 32 x 21 x 50 (cm)
- Size- One Size (Standard)
- Material- 300D Nylon
- Multiple Compartments: It offers a variety of compartments where you put your helmet on the top part of the bag, two water bottle pockets, skate storage, wheel covers, and even a laptop compartment.
- Unique Adjustments: Sturdy enough as it has a heavy-duty YKK zipper and padded straps for extreme comfort. It also offers back ventilation.
- Suitable for all types of roller skates especially inline skates.
- Durability is top-notch.
- Multiple compartments enable extra storage.
- Unisex as grey suits everyone.
- Too big for people who prefer smaller bags and lesser weight.
4) Athletico Skate Bag
Whether you want top-notch premium quality, the Athletico skate bags should be your first choice.
This backpack has plenty of space for your roller skates, gear, and other belongings. You won’t have any problems using the largest size of roller-skates because they will fit in either manner.
It’s a multipurpose travel bag for all types of roller skates, including inline, ice, and quad skates.
Furthermore, mesh pockets are featured for storing your telephones or keys. It’s the finest offer for fans of roller skating.
- Color- Blue, Black, Grey Camo, Pink, Green Camo, & Purple
- Dimension- 41 x 41 x 25 (cm)
- Size- One Size (Standard)
- Material- 600 denier polyester fabric
- Proper Air Ventilation: This bag offers multiple grommets all around for maximum airflow. This enables your utmost comfort as well as good ventilation.
- Comfortable and Sturdy Shoulder Strap: It has a convenient option for your adjustable shoulder strap. It lets you detach from the bag whenever needed. Not only that, for top durability, it also has metal hardware.
- Maximum comfort and sturdiness.
- Durable and water-resistant.
- Good room space for keeping belongings.
- Variation of colors to choose from.
- It is not for extreme heavy duty.
5) TOPOWN Roller Skate Bags
The TOPOWN skate bags are good options for sturdy and long-lasting performance. It offers a premium touch as soon as you come in contact with it.
They have a good offer on warranty in terms of quality assurance and longevity. Good customer service as well.
Another multipurpose carrier for your roller skates. Not only that, it even has plastic mats below inside the bag which offers a sag-proof experience for your skates.
They are using an SBS zipper for heavy-duty and proper security. The best part is that it has 5 large compartments inside for keeping your skating gear and also your personal belongings.
- Color- Rose Red, Black, Blue, Grey, Purple & Pink
- Dimension- 91 x 27.94 x 5.33 (cm)
- Size- Large (L)
- Material- 1800D Nylon
- Padded Strap: Offering adjustable and detachable shoulder straps with thick foam pads for the best experience in terms of comfort. Consequently, it helps to lessen the stress on your shoulder.
- Amazing Compartments: This bag is a win-win in terms of multiple compartments. It has 5 large compartments of different sizes and purposes. Moreover, the largest one in the middle is for storing your helmet or any other big gear. Then two more compartments only for your roller skates. But, it doesn’t end here, it has the rest for your stuff.
- So many colors to pick from.
- Water-resistant and tear-proof.
- Has name tags for proper identification.
- Plastic plate for durability.
- It does not stay upright when placed somewhere.
Great Tips for Carrying Your Roller Skates Around
When you have to move between skate sites, commute, or move about the city, hauling your roller skates between places may not seem like a huge deal.
So, this is why you should be aware of how other skaters transport their roller skating equipment. Here, a few easy tricks will help you save a lot of space and lessen the stress of packing.
- You might want to have a proper roller skate bag if you’re traveling frequently. As it’s a little bag that you may carry on your trip or a skate pack at all times to store some things. Moreover, it will shorten your packing time and ensure that you have all of the essentials with you. So, use it if it were a little survival kit.
- Another option is to join the Velcro sections of your roller skates and use them like a carriage.
- Your roller skates may be stowed in a bag or the laces of your boots can be used as a shoulder strap.
- Lastly, you may also use your fingers to hold up the back straps of your skates.
So how to carry roller skates around? A skating backpack is a must-have since it makes transporting your skates and other belongings much easier.
Hence, skating bags may be useful and convenient for transporting between events.
The Rollerblade Urban Commuter Backpack is the greatest roller skating backpack, according to this review.
The backpack is excellent for carrying not just skates but also skating equipment such as helmets and pads, as well as non-skating things such as clothing and a laptop.